Friday 22 November 2013

Pillow Talk

I finished my pillow or cushion or whatever you want to call it.  It is double sided.
I am SO pleased with this one.  I love the colours and the white.  I have hand quilted both sides.
On the round and round side it is mostly machine quilted but I hand quilted a heart on it.

I hand quilted around the white triangles.  It does take longer but with a little project like this it is doable and worth it.
I also hand quilted on the corner stones.
I am so pleased with it and think it is one of the best things I have made.  I love the pinwheel side.  I want to do more sewing with bright colours.  The cushion cover has a zip closure which I like as I think it gives a more square cushion compared to an envelope back.  At least it does compared to my envelope backs!

20 comments:

  1. This is almost too gorgeous! And I know because I've seen it, held it, touched it! Well done you
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, such neat stitches and pretty colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! The stitches are lovely and the colors are perfect. Well done!! Have a nice weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the hand quilted heart! Delicate and refined!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hand quilting really completes it - spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pinwheels in lovely fabrics ( and so is the little hexi project behind it !)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these pillows are both so gorgeous, I don't know which I like best! your hand quilting looks amazing and really makes them special!

    Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I really love your heart hand quilting - it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pillow is gorgeous. Both sides. And your points are perfect! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pillow. The red and turquoise always gets my attention.
    Janeen@QuiltArtDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally love both sides - so crisp and clean and your hand quilting is just lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with red & teal right now so your 1st pillow is really getting my attention... but both are stunning. Love your hand quilting - it adds so much! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is adorable! Your hand quilting is wonderful. Two of my favorite colors together too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet! Your pinwheels sparkle! And I also love the Round and Round side...such a neat pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! The hand quilting is very well done, love the heart.

    ReplyDelete